Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Buble

I saw this movie yesterday and I got so sad. If you haven´t seen it, please go and see it. It is no comedy. I thought it was one of the best emotional touching films I have seen lately.

I am copying from this blog: diasporamentality

The title of Eytan Fox's The Bubble refers to the hip young neighborhood in Tel Aviv where most of the film takes place. The idea is, inside it, you'd almost not know there was a conflict going on. The movie opens with Noam (Ohad Knoller) an Israeli record store clerk, on half-hearted reserve duty at a checkpoint. There he meets Ashraf (Yousef Sweid), a young Palestinian guy from Nablus, as they both try to help a Palestinian woman laboring with a dying baby.
And then it begins...

At the begining I found the caracters a bit unatractive, and in th end I felt like they were all so real and people of the next door...
Life is a sequence of choices, at least for me, that I have the luxury to make my own choices...


Some people just have so few choices, that it shocks me, just to see this...

By the way I have seen Bent twice in theater, wonderful play...

a poem to human spirit, surviving over the worst life conditions...

But it shouldn´t be so hard...

Just try to understand the other, be human=compassion, equal rights, respect, freedom...

this simple equation is so difficult to achieve, but if each of us tries to do his part, maybe the world can change...

Nobody is prfect, but in our imprefect character all we have to do is try everyday a little bit more... and then one day we might achieve to be better humans...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Hi, I like the multilingual aspect of your blog (even though I don't know Portuguese or Greek). Thanks for the link to my review of "The Bubble"! How did you find my blog?

DiasporaMentality

9/30/2007 3:24 PM  
Blogger alximist said...

Hi Sarah,
diaspora is a greek word,did you knew this?Sporos means seed, with the dia the meaning is the act of a farmer throwing seeds in different places in his field. So diaspora is like God the big farmer throws his seeds in all part of the word, in order to spread and grow and get in touch with others...Is isn't it a nice image? I never had realized it until now...
Anyway, I found you searching for photos in the google...and tehn i stared reading and here you are...

10/01/2007 10:42 PM  
Blogger Asfaz said...

Alximist, imagino que você deva estar super atarefado, né ?

Mas quando tiver um tempinho passa lá no blog e procura o post "Blog Solidário", tenho um selinho para você .

Um abração nos dois .

10/09/2007 10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home