Friday, August 27, 2010

Remember that when everything goes wrong, it always can get worse!

What are the chances that when something goes wrong, then everything that day will continue getting wrong?
This is what happened to me today. I woke up earlier than what I was supposed to, even thought I had slept late due to the dog’s needs. Oh, yes, I got a dog from the street and he is staying in my apartment until I figure out his destiny. Then at midnight, I realized that he needed a walk. We ended up 1 hour later at the apartment, the dog in mood of paying around.
I decided to go to the gym at 6:00 and then came back 1 hour later, the dog was awake, and a nice pup was on his pillow…And from that moment on the course of the day started…
Shower, cleaning the dog shit, feeding the bastard, driving to the airport, check in, only to find out I was 30 min. earlier. Talked to Dani, who was arriving 30 min. before my take off and we agreed to meet and exchange keys. Then I waited his flight to arrive, reading a book or whatever, checking with the information desk if there will be ay delay and they confirmed that it would no be the case.  Then at exactly 9:00 supposedly landing time, the panel shows: contact the air company! Which meant that some delay or worse could have happened. Then I rushed to the car, drove to the private parking area. The employee could not find my online reservation and they were full, finally she got gentle and allowed me to park. I left dani´s data to be able to pick up the car. I left all in a hurry, carrying my heavy laptop bag and the case with the device, some 4 kg each and rushing to the airport some 3 minutes walking distance, when I was passing to the X-rays, I saw that I had with me the car keys! Had to g all the way back carrying a trolley bag… and delivered the keys went all the way back, taking my bags from the trolley cart, this one fell on the ground, everybody turned over to see me…embarrassing moments…
I was 10 minutes from take off! At the last exit, an employee of the air company was looking for me! She led me to the van, and then Dani called me. The employee asked me to turn it off, said to dani the info and turn it off. I finally collapsed in my chair exhausted for the whole flight!
Arriving to Campo Grande, I had another surprise; the client was not going to meet me at 10:00, but at 15:00! It is the birthday of the city and he went fishing… I guess there are different rhythms here!!!
I decided to go to the hotel and leave my staff. On the way after speaking on my mobile phone, I left it on my lap and it fell behind the chair…. Since I could not reach it, we decided with the taxi driver to pick it up later. Result, we totally forget it.
The only cool thing of the day, the hotel let me check in at 11:00.
Then I had a shower and decide to walk around. The city was deserted 100%.  After a long walk under the sun, I found a SUBWAY and had a huge sandwich. Then while eating it, did not realized that the sauce had stained my only trouser…
Well that was the last drop. I decided that I will go back to the hotel and rest or the rest of my time until the client appears….
Finally the client delayed an extra 1:30 hour. The installation at his laptop did not work out, a first time ever problem that we could not resolve. And the day after stuck in the hotel all day waiting for my flight back.
But how all of these can go wrong at the same time! What are the odds?
Well, I just had to face it, but definatelly this place will not bring any good memories to me…



Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home